Monday, November 22, 2004

Are you ready for some football..sort of?

Over the weekend, I broke down and got something I had wanted to get for years, a new Playstation 2. I have held off getting one up to this point because, I believed, it was an unnecessary expense. Had I spent regular money to get the new gaming machine, it still could probably have been classified as such. It so happened that while cleaning my apartment over the weekend, I discovered a large stash of Christmas money from last Christmas. As a result, I was able to get a reconditioned set for about thirty dollars less than a new one would cost.

One of the great features of Playstation 2 is the fact that in addition to being a gaming console, it also has the capability to play DVDs. As a result, getting the machine has actually saved a little money. I don't have to use any Christmas gift money (or any of my own cash) to purchase a new DVD player, something I was seriously considering up to now.

My favorite Playstation game has always been NCAA Football 2004 from EA Sports. Thus, when I got the new set, a copy of that game was my first game purchase. Here's a tip for new gamers that veterans already know: Stores like EB Games sell used games for extremely low prices, and they play just as well as brand new games. If you don't want to spend 50 bucks on new games, you can visit an outlet that sells used ones and pay $5-15 instead and build up a nice collection. Call this today's Tip of the Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map