Saturday, July 25, 2009

Republican Statesmen's Dinner

Nicole and I will be headed to Nashville tonight along with Rob and Angela Huddleston to attend this year's Statesmen's Dinner, after graciously being extended tickets thanks to Patrick Jaynes, Senator Lamar Alexander's State Director. Although I am greatly looking forward to Senator Jeff Sessions' address, perhaps the most enjoyable part of these kinds of events is the chance to encounter political friends and acquantances again, and to meet many new ones.

Occasionally I get the question from people whether I will seek public office again in next year's election. For now, I can say that I'm thinking about it, and Nicole and I are mulling over what the right thing is for our home and family in this challenging time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 25, 2009 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What constitutes a "Republican Statesman" these days? Haven't got caught fucking around on your wife, or caught giving a tug job in the bathroom stall to a stranger?

 
At Sunday, July 26, 2009 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

I won't censor comments based on political content, but certain language is inappropriate and may be removed. Please read the disclaimer before leaving comments

 
At Monday, July 27, 2009 1:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! The use of the word "Repub**can" is patently offensive these days and I can see that it's use around children would be inappropriate and cause potential problems with their future moral development. In the future, I'll be sure to use something more family friendly, like the Adultery Party or the Grand Old Hypocrisy Party. They can feel free to continue sleeping around on their wives and giving blowjobs to strangers in public bathroom stalls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map