Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Never the Twain Shall Meet

I have waited until now to discuss anything about Sunday's assassination of Dr. George Tiller in his house of worship. The primary reason for the wait was really to collect my own thoughts and not to say anything in a way that was rash or inappropriate, but also to speak freely and honestly about how I feel about Tiller and others like him, and why both sides in this debate will simply never understand the other.

Regardless of my personal feelings toward George Tiller, violence (which is what I believe Tiller engaged in toward the unborn) should not simply begat violence, especially when the violence in question will do nothing to help the pro-life cause. This is no way to advance our movement, a movement that is not rooted in a political party, as some may believe, but in the idea that every human life is precious and has the right to live from conception until natural death.

Even so, I confess to being terribly conflicted in my heart and mind about what has happened to George Tiller. I am, to quote one of my cousins, "sorry for his soul," but I am finding it very difficult to feel sorrow for the man-and I am actually trying. Saying that I feel terrible that George Tiller is gone (and therefore will not be able to murder anymore children) is like saying "how awful, Hitler put a bullet through his head" or "isn't it a shame that Pol Pot is dead." Holding a memorial service for the Son of Sam killer is the rough moral equivalent with which I might memorialize George Tiller.

The other side is angry not merely because George Tiller is dead, but because they do not see what he was doing as murder or killing. Indeed, the so-called pro-choice party feels grief because a champion of their cause is gone. To them, the fewer babies there are in the world, the better off that we all are. What we see as nothing short of murder of a child in the womb-or in Tiller's case, murder of a child about to be born in many cases, they see as merely a matter of choice, and those are just the more reasonable people in the opposite camp.

There is simply no middle ground there, either this is a child or a choice. If you believe that we are dealing with children, George Tiller wasn't just a murderer, but a mass murderer on the scale of minor genocide. If you believe this is a mere matter of personal choice, George Tiller is a martyr and a hero of freedom and liberty.

I am sorry that George Tiller had to die in the way in which he did because someone decided to take the will of God into their own hands. It is God's place to deal with Tiller and no one else's. I pray for his widow and his children, they did not deserve to see the head of their family die in such a way.

I cannot pretend to be sorry that George Tiller will not be working to take the lives of the unborn every day at his abortion mill. I am not sorry in the least about that.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you think God created women?

 
At Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is truly a special place in Hell for an idiot like you.

Dr. George Tiller was not "killing" babies, he was performing a medical procedure that was deemed to be medically necessary for the health of the mother. Contrary to what idiots like you think, 3rd trimester abortion is only allowed in certain circumstances. The nut-jobs in Kansas have tried for years to prove that he was acting against the law there, and he always prevailed because he was following the law. What he did wasn't murder - what your side did - and actively encouraged - was murder. I truly hope that his family sues the groups like Operation Rescue and others that encouraged these manaics and takes every penny they have. That's how we mostly got rid of that other hate group - the Klan - and hopefully that's how we'll get rid of people like you. In the meantime Dave, don't go around killing people in their house of worship - I know that's how you and your kind like to operate, but I still like to think of my church (which doesn't believe in ass-raping little boys, BTW)as a place of safe reflection. Also, they won't condemn me if I tell you to go fuck yourself. So go fuck yourself you hateful little piece of maggot shit.

 
At Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:25:00 AM, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Anon 2,
I am pro choice, but I think Dave's piece was very honest and from the heart, whether I agree with it or not.
The fact he lets you attack him the way you did, speaks loudly of his belief that each person has the right to express his or her own opinion without retribution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map