Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bishop of Knoxville Ordained Today

Today is an important day in the life of the Catholic Church in East Tennessee as we finally celebrate the ordination and installation of our new Bishop, Richard Frank Stika. I am sure I speak for every Catholic in the region when I say that I hope and pray that Bishop Stika is with us for many years to come. It would seem that when we get a very exceptional bishop, he doesn't stay here terribly long, at least that is the precident so far.

Nicole and I will be in Knoxville at Bishop Stika's ordination today. If you can't be there with us, please pray for the new Bishop and for the Catholic people of East Tennessee as we move forward into a new chapter in faith with great anticipation.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map