Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where Do You Stand?

I'm not normally one to go out of my way to promote blog aggregators, but I want to take the time to encourage my readers to sign up for the aggregation and the unique services available at WhereIStand.com. I've been a member for over two years now, and blog aggregation isn't what makes Where I Stand unique, though it is important.

I recommend membership in Where I Stand because you have the ability to take a public stand on nearly every major issue of the day, to elaborate on that stand, and then to compare yourself with your fellow bloggers based on the percentage of the time you agree. What's more, you don't just see comparisons with other bloggers. At Where I Stand, members can post evidence of the views of public figures from reputable sources, and have those opinions validated. That means that bloggers can compare themselves to everyone from Barack Obama and John McCain to Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser.

Some of Where I Stand's more liberal bloggers will be at Personal Democracy Forum's annual conference in New York this week to seek out the opinions of public figures on questions like this:

Will Print newspapers become obsolete?
How will media consolidation affect the media?
Is the media politically biased?
Did the American news media appropriately handle coverage leading up to the war in Iraq?
Should Websites allow anonymous comments?
Should bloggers be held responsible for comments posted on their blogs by others?
Should Congress pass legislation to mandate network neutrality on the Internet?
What effects do blogs have on politics?
Should the Fairness Doctorine be reinstated?
Should news agencies limit the content bloggers can excerpt from their articles?

How the media covers stories, and issues such as the unFairness Doctrine and net neutrality are (or should be) very important to bloggers. I would invite all of my fellow bloggers who regularly read this space to take a public stand on these very important issues, as well as the other important issues facing the nation and the world, and find out where public figures and even press organizations stand, and how you compare with them. It is well worth your time (and it will increase your traffic.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 30, 2008 7:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really great site, however after several failed attempts, my feed will not aggregate through their system.

I don't believe it is anything they are cnesoring, my blog isn't that bad...really. More a technical issue that they have yet been able to figure out the issue on and correct.

I'm running BlogEngine.net, and it's pretty well standardized in terms of RSS, so the feed should have issue, yet they cannot aggregate it properly, or won't.

I have no clue as to which it is, but I basically gave up trying to get it fixed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map