Saturday, April 05, 2008

Seeing things as they are

A friend of mine who is a Democrat from the old school (Re: really a conservative and doesn't know this is not his boyhood Democratic Party), expressed total shock yesterday morning over this:

Former President Carter left little doubt this week about whom he'd like to see in the White House next year.

"My children and their spouses are pro-Obama. My grandchildren are also pro-Obama," he said at a news conference, according to the Nigerian newspaper This Day. "As a superdelegate, I would not disclose who I am rooting for, but I leave you to make that guess."


"I've lost all respect for Carter," the friend said, "I can't believe he would endorse Obama."

Conservatives have known that Jimmy Carter is a bit of a flake for years. Isn't it funny how it takes something as bizarre as this election cycle to finally get some people to see things as they are, rather than as they might wish them to be?


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map