Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

I want to personally take the opportunity to wish all of my readers and listeners a happy, joyous, safe, prosperous, and successful New Year. I may write a bit later today, but for now I pray that readers will indulge me a bit. Like a few of you, I have had a few drinks this early morning and may have a couple of more later today while enjoying the annual bonanza of college bowl games that takes place this time of year. In addition, Nicole and I will both be enjoying a day off today, so I am going to blog lightly while I enjoy some time with her.

My Catholic readers should be reminded in the midst of all of this celebration that today, January 1 (the Eighth Day of Christmas), is the Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God. It is a Holy Day of Obligation, so please find time to get to Holy Mass today. If you can find time for the champagne but can't find time for the Lord today, your priorities are not where they ought to be.

To help get us in the right mood for today and keep us there, here is young Chloe Agnew of Celtic Woman with the Ave Maria.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 01, 2008 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Happy New Year to you & Nicole, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map