Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas blessings

At this time of year when we reflect (or at least we should be) upon the Incarnation and the coming of God into this world, it is also a time when we ought to reflect on the many gifts God has given us and for which we ought to be thankful. It is these gifts, more than material presents or money, that really make Christmas merry for us.

I am thankful for the life that God gave me, and that in His infinite Grace and Divine Mercy, he allows me to wake up to a new day each day I am alive. I thank Him for life and health.

I am thankful to live in a country that allows us to be free and prosperous, and to advance as far as our ingenuity and will can take us.

I have been blessed with the most wonderful wife in the world. She puts up with a lot out of me, yet she stands by me in everything that I have accomplished and hope to accomplish in this life. She has come to my aid and has defended me when I felt alone. She believes in me and in what I stand for, because she stands for the same things.

I am blessed with a roof over my head, a piece of ground that is mine and that I am invested in, and even animals who love me and take care of our home in their own way.

I am blessed with supportive friends who encourage me in all that I try to do, and I am surrounded by people who really believe in me.

I am thankful to live in a town and a community that has embraced me and that looks out for our family-and to have kind and compassionate neighbors who really care.

I am thankful for my friends and colleagues at the fire department who put their days and lives on hold and often on the line to help others in need. I am proud to play a small part in their collective work.

I am thankful for my family, and for their continued health. I pray daily for their peace and happiness.

I am thankful most of all for the babe born into a manger who made it possible for me to be thankful for all of these other things.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map