Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Cubs are in a pennant race

Harry posthumously celebrates with us the fact that the Cubs are just a game out of first and we are in August. Once again in my long years as a die-hard, dyed-in-the-wool, true blue Cub fan, I have pennant fever, just like I did in:


So close and yet so far away. Yet with all these close calls, you know we have to get there one of these days soon.

Are you a Cub fan with a favorite Cubs memory (mine is a home run by-of all people-Mitch Williams)? Tell us about it in the comments below. Sing it Harry!



At Saturday, August 04, 2007 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

I got to sing 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' in the booth with Harry Caray at Wrigley because the ex husband was a well known athlete and we were invited to do that.

It was one of those surreal moments in life. I am a total sentimental fool, and I had happy tears running down my face. I knew at the time it would be one of those moments I'd never forget, and I was right.

Surreal is the best word I can use to describe it. I've been a die hard Cubs fan ever since.

God bless Harry. I am sure his spirit is lingering around the players and fans.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map