Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Cubs are in a pennant race

Harry posthumously celebrates with us the fact that the Cubs are just a game out of first and we are in August. Once again in my long years as a die-hard, dyed-in-the-wool, true blue Cub fan, I have pennant fever, just like I did in:

1984
1989
1998
2003

So close and yet so far away. Yet with all these close calls, you know we have to get there one of these days soon.

Are you a Cub fan with a favorite Cubs memory (mine is a home run by-of all people-Mitch Williams)? Tell us about it in the comments below. Sing it Harry!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Saturday, August 04, 2007 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

I got to sing 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' in the booth with Harry Caray at Wrigley because the ex husband was a well known athlete and we were invited to do that.

It was one of those surreal moments in life. I am a total sentimental fool, and I had happy tears running down my face. I knew at the time it would be one of those moments I'd never forget, and I was right.

Surreal is the best word I can use to describe it. I've been a die hard Cubs fan ever since.

God bless Harry. I am sure his spirit is lingering around the players and fans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map