Thursday, June 28, 2007

Oatney and Hooker On the Horne

First, let me give all of my loyal readers and listeners the good news: I am tentatively scheduled to appear via telephone hookup as a guest of State Representative Stacey Campfield as he guest-hosts for the vacationing Terry Frank. I will be alongside former Democratic Gubernatorial nominee, Kennedy friend and cohort, Blount descendant, gadfly, and socialite John Jay Hooker, who will also join the show by phone in what I anticipate will be a classic. It will truly be an honor to share the air with a Tennessean who is both as great and as notorious as Mr. John Jay. The show will will air from 3-6pm Eastern on the Horne Radio Network-stations 850 WKVL Knoxville, 1290 WATO Oak Ridge, 1140 WLOD Loudon, and 1400 WGAP Maryville.

You can join the show by dialing 865-675-TALK.

Now the bad news: As of yet, the Horne Network still has no live internet feed for the show, or show archive that would allow us to disseminate the show around the world via the internet in the coming days. I appreciate and relish the opportunity to be a guest, but I think that stinks. I can't always pick up Horne stations up this way, and I would love to be able to hear Terry's show more often. If you want Horne to develop a live internet feed, call them and let them know!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, June 29, 2007 4:11:00 AM, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

I love John Jay! He's one of a kind.
And he's smart. Really smart. And interesting. And can give a stump speech like no other current day politician.

When he was running for Governor last year, I made up bumper stickers that read:

Vote for the Hooker,
Not for the Liar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map