Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Caucus Leadership

The closed door election for Republican Caucus Leadership in the Tennessee House of Representatives takes place this morning. On paper, the race for leader is between Democrat appeaser Jason Mumpower of Bristol and current House Minority Leader Bill Dunn of Knoxville. Regulars know that I support Dunn's re-election, and I have gone so far as to let those who have a vote in this morning's Caucus meeting know that they had better "get 'R Dunn."

I say "on paper" because several sources close to the situation inside the House Caucus have informed The World that this is a face-saving move on Mumpower's part.
Mr. Mumpower is known to have gone behind the backs of Republican leadership in the House to try and negotiate a "deal with the devil" with House Democrats on ethics legislation and issues. This backroom shady dealing earned the ire of Caucus Leader Bill Dunn-who Mumpower runs against today. He is in a position where running for Leadership is the only way he can now save political face. According to one confidential source, Caucus Republicans expect Dunn to be easily re-elected, possibly by a wide margin.

I'll have an update when the numbers are announced later this morning.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blogosphere where you can come up with any wild opinion, post it on your blog, and have no basis for truth.

Can't wait to see what you post after the election.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Anon;
I love the blogosphere where anonymous people can post comments saying things that may or may not have basis in fact because they are too cowardly to fess up to who they are.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
I agree but also keep in mind that it's easier to post anon, no sign-in hasseles and it's faster too. I sometimes avail myself of its conveince. However, I've also gotten in the habit of 'signing' my sig at that the end.

SteveMule

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you can check your "source" now.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

I discussed you anonymous-I believe you are either Mumpower, on Mumpower's staff, or a supporter of Mumpower's in the legislature.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Steve;
It is the right thing to do to sign your name, or there is the option of creating a sign-in name for yourself as an anon without signing in to blogger. This person did not avail themself of these options, which, considering the circumstances, raises all kinds of unanswered and unanswerable questions-exactly what this person intended for, I am sure.

That's why I stand by what I write whether I am right or wrong-I stand by what I say and do-unlike some people do.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Mumpower win by a wide margin, as was predicted here?

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:44:00 AM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

We do not know what margin Mumpower won by, since the tally is not released...but anon, I suspect you know more than you are telling us...and I think it is quite telling that you won't give us your name...perhaps because we would know who you are-you would be outed. And who knows, we might even find ourselves in a position where all the "wrong" people would ask all the right questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map