Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Recruiting soldiers in the Army of the Lord

Nothing in the world gives me greater joy than to give someone a more firm knowledge of the truth. I met a young lady via the internet this morning who needed just that kind of assistance. She is engaged to a young man, a self-identified Protestant, who has decided that he and his future bride would enter Methodism, for no other apparent reason than he refuses to accept his fiancee's Catholicism, nor allow for his children to be reared within the barque of Peter. The young lady in question, however, secretly would love to avoid this lapse into schism.


An ecclesiastical rescue of the most dire proportions was in order, so I quickly e-mailed her a list of the best entry-level spiritual and theological treatises I could find from Catholic Answers. I learned in a hurry that she had forgotten much of her childhood catechesis, and I do not know how much she actually knew about the Church. She seemed amazed as I tried to explain in the easiest way I knew how, the unchanging truths of the faith. She also seemed hungry for answers. I really hope the reading list I gave her helped supply those answers...perhaps she can become the latest soldier in the Lord's Army of Truth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map